Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Okay, well I might be posting more in here today than I thought I would. I just got back from the library and half-priced books. While I didn't find what I was looking for I did find tax forms and publications which will help me figure out if I'm better off doing them myself or taking them to a professional. I also found some interesting books to read during my spare time while it's raining out.

Let's see, I picked up:

Sloane's New Bicycle Maintenance Manual by Eugene A. Sloane
The Complete Motorcycle Book - A Consumer's Guide by Jim Bennett
Motorcycles - Fundamentals, Service, Repair by Bruce A. Johns, David D. Edmundson and Robert Scharff
The Complete Illustrated Guide To Everything Sold In Hardware Stores by Steve Ettlinger

The bicycle book because I am thinking of picking one up at a yard sale or something to take up riding for excersize and an environmentally friendly form of transportation.

The motorcycle books because when finances finally get better I plan to buy one of those too for economical transportation because I'm tired of the high insurance rates, inspection fees and fuel/maintenance costs of cars.

The everything in hardware stores book just because it looked interesting. There are lots of gadgets, thingamajigs and doo-dads in the world and it's fun to collect trivial information on what they are, what they are for and what they do.

Also, in the free publications boxes I picked up a copy of:

Thrifty Nickel - Classifieds (bargain hunting stuff)
The Mantra - Whole Health Magazine
Working Smart - JobCenter stuff
The Employment Guide - Name says it all.
Employment News - Same as above.

I called mom and Jeanie's doctor's appointments didn't go so well. The buses were running late or bypassing their stops altogether. The doctor was running VERY late and the whole thing was very stressful. It looks like Jeanie and Roy will be working the next few days to make up for having to take the days off for the appointments so they won't be able to make it down to Polly's. It's raining tomorrow so mom and I decided to wait until the weather looks better since we both aren't sure about the road conditions down there. I still haven't received an e-mail from anyone down there about joining the family Yahoo! group so I'm not sure if they're even interested. I guess we'll see soon enough. I might try calling later today or tomorrow.

Since I no longer have a printer I'll need to go over and borrow Jeanie's sometime so I can print off the legal forms I need to get filed so I'll try to get that done soon too.


Anyway, I'm going to go read my stuff and maybe go out to the workshop to tinker with that lawnmower some more. More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment